1 & 5 Bank Street

In March 2017, Cain International agreed to provide a £450 million development loan to the Canary Wharf Group to fund its office development at 1 & 5 Bank Street. This was believed to be the largest development financing to complete following the triggering of Article 50.

Cain International funded 75% of the loan with Qatar Investment Authority’s (‘QIA’) providing the remaining 25%.

1 & 5 Bank Street is a 715,000 sq. ft. commercial scheme offering high-quality office space with three levels of trading floors, a retail unit at ground level and public access to a new promenade along the South Dock. Upon completion, the development, designed by world-renowned architects Kohn Pedersen Fox, will be one of just a handful of buildings to achieve an ‘outstanding’ BREEAM environmental and sustainability rating. Set to complete in early 2019, the 27-storey scheme is already 40% pre-let to Société Générale. The remaining c.359,000 sq. ft. of office space, set across floorplates of c.27,000, are being marketed by agents JLL, CBRE and GM Real Estate.

Share linkedin twitter
Index Next

News and Views

  • Cain International Sells Stake in sbe Entertainment Group to AccorHotels

  • Cain International and Kennedy Wilson acquire 2.3-acre office development site in Dublin, Ireland

  • Missoni Baia, One of Miami’s Tallest New Towers, Climbs Skyward