Location
Canary Wharf, London
Loan Amount
£450M
Size
715,000 sq ft

In March 2017, Cain International provided a £450M development loan to Canary Wharf Group to fund its office development at 1 & 5 Bank Street.

This was believed to be the largest development financing in the UK to complete following the triggering of Article 50. Cain International funded 75% of the loan with Qatar Investment Authority (‘QIA’) providing the remaining 25%.

1 & 5 Bank Street is a 715,000 sq ft commercial scheme offering high-quality office space with three levels of trading floors, a retail unit at ground level and public access to a new promenade along the South Dock. The development, designed by world-renowned architects Kohn Pedersen Fox, will be one of just a handful of buildings to achieve an ‘outstanding’ BREEAM environmental and sustainability rating. The 27-storey building had been 40% pre-let to Société Générale. The remainder of the space was subsequently let to the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on a long lease in May 2019.